Re: ARM Development with multi-ice from South Africa

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 12:41:04PM +0530, Rajeev murthy wrote:

> i wanted to know from you how you are using the embeddedICE
> with the gdb5.0(Insight5.0).

First, you need to have a gdb binary that was built for arm
targets.  Then you connect using a command like:

gdb> target rdi /dev/ttyS0 19200
   or
gdb> target rdi s=/dev/ttyS0,p=/dev/par0 19200

Once connected, most of the gdb commands work as usual, except
you use the "continue" command to start execution after you
load a file:

gdb> symbol-file myprog.elf
gdb> load myprog.elf
gdb> cont

> i have a multiICE with me which i believe can be made to work
> as an embeddedICE.

I don't have any experience with MultiICE, but I don't believe
it's compatible with EmbeddedICE.  At one point there was a a
library that could be used to get gdb to work with MultiICE,
but there were licensing problems.

See:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2001-01/msg00171.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-02/msg00254.html

According to the posting below, multiICE support for gdb hasn't ever been
released:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2001-q1/msg00166.html

--
Grant Edwards