Strange problems with Assabet touchscreen driver

In the touchscreen driver for Assabet from 3GLab,
(at http://www.3glab.org/developer/ecos/)
it seems that the touchscreen driver will stop working
after about dozens of pendown event even when I run
the test programs come with this package.
(In my last experiment, after 50 touches,  the touchpad driver stopped
working.)

Does anyone have the same experiences? Is there any workarounds?

Regards,
I-Jui Sung