Re: i386 target

Usmamih Rahkes wrote:

> Hi,
> Could anyone tell me how to make a bootable floppy for a PC target for eCos.
> Which image have I to put on the floppy.
>
> I found somebody asking the same for a linux target, but my host is WinNT.
>
> I was trying to find it in eCos documentation that was installed, but
> couldn't.

If this is CVS eCos then the guide is
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/x86pc.html

If this is eCos v1.3.1 then you can probably adapt the above instructions
by just changing the filename. There should be a prebuilt image in the
loaders/ directory of your eCos directory. Or if not you can rebuilt it
using the "stubs" template: when you build the eCos library with this
template the gdb_module.bin file will be in the bin directory of your eCos
configuration's install tree.

But there's been many improvements in the CVS version of eCos so it's
probably worth trying to get that.
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/