RE: NASTY bug in eCos ConfigTool 1.3.1.2 Win32

On 13-Jun-2001 Dan Conti wrote:
> On a related note for the RedHat folks, since the old config tool is no
> longer maintained, how much longer before the new tool comes out of
> alpha? Additionally, with the consistency issues, does the 2.0 alpha
> tool work properly with older eCos repositories?

My statement about the status of the Windows Config Tool was a bit stronger
than really warranted.  What I wanted to convey was that our engineering
efforts are currently concentrated on development of the new, cross-platform,
Config Tool.  The previous version (1.3.x) continues to be supported for
customers with support contracts.  Additionally, a new free, "net only", version
is unlikely as we expect to move to the new tool with all possible speed.

How fast that happens actually depends on you, the eCos users.  Development
of this tool takes resources, both for actual development and testing.  We
are undertaking this ourselves, but it is of a somwhat reduced priority as
we have to take care of paying customers and contracts before working on it.

Contributions from the eCos populace in the form of testing, feedback and
possibly even code(!) will only accelerate this process.