Re: odd serial input bug in redboot 095308 20010607 on iP

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 11:03:14AM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:

> The screen flicker is a hardware problem.  Since RedBoot is executing from Flash,
> certain patterns can saturate the memory bus which causes the LCD to flicker.

Ok.

> > Curioser and curiouser.  If I upload the compressed version with load -d, it
> > complains of a CRC error.  If I upload the uncompressed version and go 0x20040,
> > I get '$T050f:4c000200;0d:e4b80000;#79' and '$T050f:4c000200;0d:e4b80000;#79'
>
> Yes, this is GDB telling you that the program dies at location 0x0024c00 which
> as far as I can tell is somewhere in the NanoX initialization code.  You can see
> more by disconnecting minicom/hyperterm and then connecting to the board via
> GDB.
>   arm-elf-gdb -nw
>   (gdb) tar rem /dev/ttyS0
>   (gdb) info reg
>
> Did you also load the eCos ROM FS and install it?  It may be the case that it
> was scrogged as well.

I don't have a gdb for arm/elf; I can probably install it over the weekend if
it would be useful (which it sounds like it would).  I did not load the eCos
ROMFS; the web page indicates that it's only needed if you want to burn the
nanox demo to flash.

I've just installed ecosroms.gz and reinstalled nanoxdemo; same result.
I guess I'll have to wait until I get an arm/elf debugger set up?

I do wonder why it's giving me such trouble, though.  I was under the
impression that this stuff was pretty extensively used.

Thanks,
david