Re: problem in SREC format for downloading with XMODEM

Piteir wrote:

> Hi,
> Can somebody help me, I have two questions?
>
> 1. I am using EDB7211 with redboot_ROM. I have tried
> to download redboot image in SREC format with TeraTerm
> Pro using XMODEM protocol as a test and succesfull.
>
> I try to download the hello example in srec format
> using XMODEM protocol but always fail. I typed:
>
> arm-elf-objcopy -O srec hello.exe hello.srec
>
> to convert it, I also tried:
>
> arm-elf-objcopy -O srec --srec-forceS3 hello.exe
> hello.srec
>
> and still failed.
>
> Can somebody tell how to soolve this?

It failed to convert? Or failed to transmit over xmodem? If so did it give
an error?

Did you build the hello.exe for "RAM" startup?

> 2. When I use redboot I try to test in eCOS
> Configuration tool and always fail till timeout (with
> GDB stub every tests run succesfully), can somebody
> tell me waht to do?

Does the RedBoot CLI itself work fine?

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/