Re: RedBoot and eCos

Redboot is a software which boots your device and allows you to connect it
to the external world (via serial, network interface, etc...). Then you
can download files and reprogramm your flash memory in order to do
whatever you need. One simple way to interface with an eCos application is
to issue the '$' command, which switch RedBoot to GDB stubs 'mode'. Then
using gdb you connect to the device, download your application and execute
it.

Hope it helps,
Cristiano.

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira - http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cpereira