Re: a short guideline for newbie

Piteir wrote:

> Hi, I am new to developent in embedded enviroment
>
> I have port redboot for my edb7211, and also have
> tried to compile hello example and flash it but
> nothing appear.
>
> - what should be happened if I flash it?

Why should you want to put a hello world example in flash? What you should
probably be doing is running redboot from flash, and then download the
hello example either over ethernet or over serial using GDB.

> - Can someone tell a simple guide to build a working
> application till it comes up on target screen.

Note: neither the edb7211 redboot, nor the hello world program output
anything on the LCD screen. All output is done over either serial or
ethernet, depending on what you connected with.