Getting the trigger value of an Alarm -> is it possible?

hello,

I am new to the usage of eCos and admittedly I am still trying to learn the
ropes with RTOSes and embedded sw.

I got a question related to alarms and counters as they get handled in
eCos. I'd like to have the ability to get the a count of how many ticks are
remaining at any point in time till the expiration of a timer. Since the
internals of Cyg_Alarm class are protected, and there is no api to get to
them I thought someone may have an idea or similar experience. I could do
something like the following :

 From the outset I am keeping the period of a timer. By getting the time of
the last expiration I could get to find the number of ticks till the next
expiration.

However, this is not very accurate. Any ideas ?

kind regards,

elias

Elias Biris,  Software Engineer,                        R&D Livingston
Cadence Design Systems,                         EMAIL:: ebiris@cadence.com
SOC Design Centre, 1 The Alba Campus    TEL:: +44 (0)1506 59 5036
Livingston EH54 7HH, Scotland, UK               FAX:: +44 (0)1506 59 5959