Re: GCC & Insight build problems (Cygwin, arm-elf)

> >I don't believe it's possible to build recent GCC snapshots under Cygwin.
> >The current CVS sources seem to build correctly only on Linux. I spent many
>
>Hi Lewin,
>thanks for your reply. Sorry, I gave a little wrong information about the
>version. 2.95.2 is exactly what I'm trying to build. I noticed I have
>version 2.11 of binutils, could that cause these problems?

It's conceivable. I have only successfully built (under cygwin, at any
rate) the exact "right" combination of components - binutils 2.10, gcc
2.95.2, gdb 5.0. Note also that gdb 5.0 is broken for Angel/Demon remote
debugging support, though this won't affect you if you're using gdb stubs.

Switching to Linux is strongly advisable, all this stuff "just works" under
Linux. Unfortunately, it isn't an easy option for me, so I am stuck with
2.95.2 under Win2000 for the time being.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."