RE: RedBoot on DreamCast?

On 10-May-2001 bgat@open-widgets.com wrote:
> Guys:
>

> Do you know if anyone is porting or has ported RedBoot to the Sega
> Dreamcast?  It's an SH7750-based device.
>
> Would anyone be interested in helping me accomplish such a feat?  I
> have all the docs and so forth needed, I just don't know my way around
> the RedBoot sources all that well...

This should be fairly straight forward.  The caveats are:

*  eCos HAL for 7750 - we have support for 7709, 7729 and some others.
   I don't know how different the 7750 is from them.

*  I assume that you'd want a video console of some sort, or maybe serial?
   These things would have to be written as well.

Probably plenty of little details in there to worry about as well.