Re: Re: Patch for x86 bootstrap

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 06:55:09PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> elf@florence.buici.com wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 04:11:20AM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> > > Ah yes, of course. I forgot that one. You have to do a "ecosconfig remove
> > > libc_signals".
> >
> > And how am I supposed to guess this?
>
> Not every consequence of changing your configuration can be documented!
> Although the more tractable course of action would be to choose either the
> "posix" or "elix" template instead of the default one, using
> Build->Templates. That way the conflict doesn't arise.

I think you are missing my point.  The ecosconfig error message
doesn't indicate the type of problem.  This is two-fold.

  C CYGPKG_POSIX, "requires" constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_ISO_SIGNAL_NUMBERS_HEADER ==  "<cyg/posix/signal.h>"
  C CYGPKG_POSIX, "requires" constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_ISO_SIGNAL_IMPL_HEADER ==  "<cyg/posix/signal.h>"
  C CYGINT_ISO_SIGNAL_NUMBERS, "requires" constraint not satisfied:  1 >= CYGINT_ISO_SIGNAL_NUMBERS
  C CYGINT_ISO_SIGNAL_IMPL, "requires" constraint not satisfied:  1 >= CYGINT_ISO_SIGNAL_IMPL

These errors don't give any hint that this might be a problem with
multiple implementations.  I'd expect something like the Debian DEB
format such as

  'signals' implementations conflict in
    posix
    libc_signals

Second, it is unclear where these constants are defined so that I can
discover the source of the unsatisfied constraints.  These are not
present in the .ecc file, nor is there an indication of where to look.