Re: RE: RedBoot

>No, that all sounds like you're doing exactly the right thing.

>For comparison, you could enable CYGPKG_NET_BUILD_TESTS to let the system
>build the network tests, then try ping_test for example.  That brings up
>all interfaces using whatever means is configured, then pings the "server"
>- in your configuration this should mean uses DHCP then pings the DHCP
>server or the boot server that DHCP suggested.

I'll try building and running the network tests and see how that turns out.

>If that fails, try configuring static IP addresses (distinct from the one
>you have to RedBoot) for the build and try the same test; this tells us
>whether it's the whole network being bad or just the DHCP processing.

>> I have configured RedBoot to use a static IP address.
>>
>> I am still running into the same problem as I mentioned before where the
>> network usage gets printed out on the GDB console window, then the hour
>> glass sits there for a while, and then the debugger shows program stopped
at
>> the bottom.

>Has the program really stopped?  Does the debugger tell you where?

The debugger has actually stopped.  If I try to do anything I get and error
with a message of putpkt write error - something along those lines.  It
seems that the debugger has disconnected from the target.

I can see that cyg_kmem_init() gets called, because I see that output on the
screen.
The debugger did bring up a couple of times a function to get some type of
universal
time or something - I can't really remember right now.  However, most times
it just
stays in the main.cxx file.

>I can only suggest you breakpoint and step through
>init_all_network_interfaces() and see where it's hanging up, sorry.  And of
>course compare with the behaviour of the network testcases.

The problem seems to be way before init_all_network_interfaces.  I don't
even get into a breakpoint I set at cyg_start or cyg_user_start.

--Anthony