RE: Strange Problem in cyg_thread_delay( )?

I have had a look at the Samsung chip user manual and the Evaluator manual,
and would suggest the following:

1) Check IOPCON is set correctly, especially with regard to interrupts; it
may be possible that you are getting a spurious interrupt by writing to P8.
2) Check IOPMODE is correctly set for P4:7 (I presume it is or else you
wouldn't have seen any LEDs lit).
3) It should be OK to use 'unsigned' as the type, as this is what ARM use.
4) As other people have suggested, and as it states in the ARM Evaluator
manual, use a read modify write operation on IOPDATA:

      *IOPDATA = (*IOPDATA & ~0xF0) | (dispcnt << 4);

HTH

Robert Cragie
Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd.