MBX Board/Redboot

I have Reboot running on my MBX board.  I am able to download my application
code to the board using TFTP.  After I download the code to RAM, I use the
Reboot GO command to execute the code.  I then see a string output to the
serial port.  I then tried to connect GDB/Insight via the serial port to the
board for debugging.  How then can I do source level debugging on the board
- is it possible?

I want to be able to have the serial port for my applications I/O
communication and use the Ethernet interface for debugging.  I have tried to
connect GDB to the board via Ethernet, however, I have not been able to do
this successfully.  Can you tell me the steps and the any packages or
options I need for the eCos configuration to accomplish this?

I was also wondering with the MBX860 template and the networking package, do
I need to add the Common Ethernet Support package or is this functionality
taken care of with the QUICC Ethernet package?

What functionality does the Common Ethernet Support package add?

Thanks.