Re: Simulation

Carlos Camargo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working with arm7tdmi, i new in ecos, i need
> simulate the basic programs, but i have problems with
> this. My questions are:
>
> Can I use linux Linux synthetic target for my
> simulation? The performance of ecos on this target is
> equal that in ARM, ie. Interrupts??

It's a completely different architecture and target, being run in a system
where CPU resources depend on the loading of the rest of the system. Trying
to compare the performance may not be a useful thing to do if that is of
interest to you.

> The compilation of toolchain for linux is required??

Maybe. You could try it with the default tools on your linux system. They
will probably just work. Just set the CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX within
the synthetic target HAL to "" i.e. empty.

You may get a more realistic simulation with the MIPS tx39 simulator. While
this is slower from a user's point of view, the simulation is more accurate
from the program's point of view. Something to consider anyway - it depends
on why you are interested in the performance!