Red Hat eCos and RedBoot news

Again Red Hat and the eCos community have been working hard to deliver more
new ports and features to eCos and RedBoot. Here's a highlight of some
exciting new functionality we've added recently:

o eCos and RedBoot ported to the Compaq iPAQ PocketPC. Try out
  our eCos Microwindows demo for the iPAQ at
  http://sources.redhat.com/redboot/ipaq/ ! Support includes
  keypad, touch screen, watchdog, FLASH, PCMCIA and Compact
  Flash drivers. RedBoot includes support for booting ARM Linux.
  Derived from an initial port by Richard Panton of 3G Lab and
  enhanced significantly by Red Hat.

o eCos/RedBoot port to the ARM Evaluator-7T. Currently beta quality.

o eCos/RedBoot port to QED RM7000 Ocelot, including PCI, ethernet and
  FLASH support.

o RedBoot ported to the MIPS Atlas eval board with MIPS32 4Kc or
  MIPS64 5Kc processor modules, including PCI, serial, ethernet and
  FLASH drivers.

o RedBoot support for ARM PID/EPI Dev7/EPI Dev9 targets.

o Port added to the Cosmo CEB-V850/SB1

o Compressed image support has been added to RedBoot

o ROM based file system support has been added, contributed by
  Richard Panton of 3G Lab.

o Generic FLASH drivers added for Intel FlashFile 28Fxxx,
  AMD AM29xxxxx, Atmel AT29C040 and Intel StrataFLASH

o Watchdog driver for Intel SA11x0 StrongARM added.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Red Hat is exhibiting at the Embedded Systems Conference San Francisco,
from Tuesday April 10th to Thursday April 12th inclusive. Come and see us
demo RedBoot, eCos, and Embedded Linux on stand 2110! Visit
http://www.esconline.com/sf/ for more details about the show.

We've given parts of the eCos net site - http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/ -
a new look, particularly the Supported Hardware section, and we've added a
new area dedicated to RedBoot at http://sources.redhat.com/redboot/
Let us know what you think!

Jonathan Larmour
eCos Net maintainer