Re: Compilation problem with Redboot on assabet (no memory regionspecified for section .got and .got.plt)

benoit.cousson@philips.com wrote:

>  The only differences with the working redboot.rom are sections .got and .got.plt.
> These sections also generate warning during the link: "no memory region specified for section .got".
> What does it mean? The linker store these sections in 0x00000000 and 0x00000008, and pad with zero until 0x50000000. That the reason
> why the .bin file is so big.
>
> I do not have CVS access, so sources come from ftp snapshot (ftp://ftp.skynet.ie/cvs/), downloaded 2 days ago.
>
> I use HardHat CDK 1.2 for cross compilation on a Mandrake 7.2 linux.
> Is it a configuration problem ?

At a guess those tools are linux tools and have a configuration that forces
the .got* sections to appear.

Add them to the linker script target.ld in install/lib in your build
directory in a similar way to the other sections (sorry, yes I know that
that file is ugly). They won't be used, but it will keep the linker happy.