RE: redboot with arm linux

On 23-Mar-2001 lmc83 wrote:
> Hi,
>     Have any one use redboot to load/debug arm linux
> (http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/)?
>     If I would like to do so, what should I do so that I could use redboot to
>     load/debug arm linux?
>     Should I modify the kernel or redboot so that I could do that?
>
>         Thanks in advance for your help.
>                              Liang Ming-Chung

What sort of debugging were you thinking about?

RedBoot fully supports loading and executing the Linux kernel on StrongARM
plaforms (EBSA, Assabet).  "Debugging" is a bit harder since as soon as
the Linux kernel starts up, control over the machine is lost [to RedBoot].
Thus things like setting breakpoints and single stepping are not currently
supported.  This could be added, but it would require some changes to the
Linux kernel, in particular to make it cooperate with RedBoot more fully.