ROM startup on EP7212

I have some problems running the hello.c under rom startup mode.
To summarize:
I've build the eCos Library from the cirrus logic HW + default template,

checked in the ROM startup, set the EP7212 processor variant,
ticked the box "Hardware serial device drivers".
Then I've build the .bin  using "arm-elf-objcopy -O binary..."
and downloaded it on the board using "dl_edb7.exe".
When I reset and wake up the board, the hyperterminal
doesn't display the "Hello, eCos world!"
I use the Windows toolchain, jan.30, 2001 eCos snapshot
and Configuration Tool 1.3.1.2

The Hyperterminal configuration is OK, as loading redboot
yields the correct redboot prompt.

I've seen a thread some weeks ago on this rom startup problem,
which ended up recommending building a tree for rom startup
from scratch (instead of starting from a ram startup tree).
Thus I followed this recommendation but with no result.

I remember it working with the Configuration Tool 1.3.1 and the
eCos net distribution (dated Oct. 2000).

Any hint is welcome

Fano