From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Jonathan
Larmour
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 4:54 PM
To: Herb Ledebohm
Cc: Ecos-Discuss@Sources. Redhat. Com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] PCI PC Platform support

Herb Ledebohm wrote:

> Am I right to assume this is not supported (I don't see anything in the
> HAL)?
>
> If not supported, is it interesting to provide this?

Fabrice Gautier had some patches that were posted here before. Search the
mail archives for those, however I believe they were against an older
version of the repository.

One consideration is that there is a possibility that Red Hat may be making
some improvements to the x86 support (and we will certainly be including
the work Fabrice did for PCI and RedBoot support). Some of the changes may
be quite major - and will basically invalidate the current sources. However
it is not clear at this time whether Red Hat will be doing this for certain
:-/. The only way to guarantee support for you soon in the public sources
would be to contact Red Hat sales about doing the port. If you are
interested, contact ecos-info@redhat.com

Jifl
P.S. For anyone who notices I did cut-and-paste an earlier response :)