RE: pcmcia support for motorola mpc8xx

On 01-Mar-2001 Jeff Lasslett wrote:
> Greetings,
>       I have a requirement to drive PCMCIA ata flash, & PCMCIA modem devices.  My
> custom hardware uses a Motorola mpc850 which has its own built in pcmcia
> socket controller.  Firstly, do 'socket services' (read lowest level:
> powering card, mapping mem windows etc) level drivers exist for this
> architecture under ecos?
>
>       I have found what looks like card services in packages/io/pcmcia.  This
> also looks like it is supposed to drive compact flash cards only.  Is this
> correct?
>
> Any advice, help, information re: driving pc cards on mpc8xx architecture,
> muchly appreciated

At this time, we do not have drivers for the PCMCIA on the MPC8xx.  What we
do have is a generic PCMCIA framework which is split into two parts.  The
piece of interest to you is the hardware driver which manages the actual
chip details.  The only example of a PCMCIA (and Compact Flash - in this case
they are equivalent) hardware driver is for the PCMCIA/CF controller on the
StrongARM SA1110.

To create PCMCIA support for your device, you would need to write the hardware
driver.  You could model it after the CF driver.  Sadly, at this time the only
documentation for this process is the code itself.