Re: GDB protocol.

Rafael Rodríguez Velilla wrote:

>   Can anybody tell me or point some documentation about GDB protocol. I
> don't want to become a erudit about GDB protocol, I just want to check
> that it is working.

GDB contains documentation. See
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb_14.html#SEC116 although be
aware that you can ignore the section "what you must do for the stub"
beacuse eCos does that for you.

> I'm sure that the eCos package is correctly
> programmed, but I'm afraid that my system is too slow to hold high speed
> serial communications, so thats why I need for documentation (I would
> appreciate even informal documentation about GDB protocol)
>
>   I have seen in this list some messages that said that a string is
> shown when GDB comes up, which is this string?

Something like +$T05:00012345;1a:123532242;# should appear when you connect
to the target directly using a terminal program like minicom or cu (or
hyperterminal on Windoze).

>   How have you all tested GDB?
>
>   Well, just one more question. When I connect with the STUB in my
> platform from my linux I just have to type this:
>
>   set remotebaud 19200
>   target remote /dev/ttyS0
>
>   Is that right?

Yes, assuming 19200 is the correct speed for your particular board. Most
are 38400.