Problem using socket calls via fileio

I have been successfully running the server_test using the socket API
locally selection.  If I switch to using the socket API via File IO, the
server test no longer runs correctly.  The select call returns a 0 and the
connection is closed.

I tried running the socket test in the fileio package. This test failed on
the call to bind.  I am trying to track this down, but I haven't been
successful as of now.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill