Re: Problem with 'cc1plus'

Dan Brown wrote:

> I'm bringing up software on an ARM-based board, and trying to rebuild
> the GDB stub for an arm-elf target on Windows 2000 using gcc 2.95.2
> (note that I'm not trying to build for a THUMB target).
>
> During the build, an error occurs that arm-elf-gcc cannot find
> 'cc1plus'. The executable in fact does not exist. The error occurs when
> building startup.cxx, which has a line of C++ code in it. The compiles
> of C code appear to work fine.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?

Type "arm-elf-gcc -v". Is there a cc1plus file in the same directory as the
specs file it lists there? If not, perhaps your compiler build didn't work
for some reason, like not putting quotes in the make argument: LANGUAGES="c
c++"

Or perhaps you moved the compiler from where it was originally installed?

Otherwise, try introducing a "-v" option into the CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS CDL
option and rebuild. See what cc1plus it is trying to run.