Re: Programming flash?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 10:06:19PM -0500, Paul Pham wrote:

> My team and I are designing a board around the Samsung
> S3C3410x, based on the ARM7TDMI, booting off Flash memory. Does
> anyone have any recommendations for ways to program Flash with
> only one serial port?

Assuming you've got working code in the flash to start with
(!), one generally downloads an application into RAM that burns
the flash.

> Also, does anyone know if the S3C3410x is little-endian or
> big-endian?

The CPU will operate in either big-endian or little-endian
mode.  The external memory interface will operate in either big
or little endian mode.  However, the internal registers and
peripherals are hooked up for big-endian mode.

See page 4-1 in the users manual.

In older versions of the part external memory worked only in
big-endian mode. But in the current parts, external memory will
work either way -- but it's sort of moot since internal
peripherals are big-endian.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com