Re: Programming flash?

Hello Paul,

>My team and I are designing a board around the Samsung S3C3410x, based on
>the ARM7TDMI, booting off Flash memory. Does anyone have any
>recommendations for ways to program Flash with only one serial port?

Load the flasher program into RAM, and run the upgrade out of RAM using
polled serial I/O to avoid annoyance and complications with interrupt tables.

>Also, does anyone know if the S3C3410x is little-endian or big-endian? I
>believe the ARM7 is little-endian by default, and there is a big-endian pin
>on the processor core that determines whether it is big-endian or
>little-endian. Unfortunately, I can't find which it is in the Samsung
>documentation.

If you can't find a pin that is documented to have this behavior, then that
connection point on the core is probably tied internally and not brought
out to a pin.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."