Re: aeb

"Natarajan, Mekala (CTS)" wrote:

> Hi,
>         i am using aeb-1 rev-b as my target platform. It has got only one
> serial port.
> i referred the previous mailing list. it says with one serial port it is not
> possible to get a character since the serial port is used by gdb. I have a
> doubt regarding this. If we give printf it is printing the characters in the
> console. Printing is again through serial port i guess. how is this
> happening.

You mean the output is happening through GDB. The point is that this output
is encoded in a GDB packet, received by GDB and displayed by GDB.

> Can someone help on this.
>
> i am not able to a character from input.
> i tried using getchar(), hal_diag_read_char();it doesn't work..

GDB doesn't support getting characters from the keyboard and sending them
over serial to the target.

If you require serial input, you will have to disconnect from GDB and use
the serial port directly. You will also need to enable the eCos serial
device driver on the AEB.

Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine