cannot get insight to work

I wonder if someone can help me with the problem described below:

I am building the sample application 'hello.c' on a Cygwin (Windows NT) host
for a PC target. Everything appears to work, 'hello.exe' is generated
without errors. I then boot the target system from a floppy containing a gdb
stubs program I built before. Next, I start Insight (i386-elf-gdb) and set
up the target serial port parameters. Up to this point, everything appears
to work. Then I load my debug executable 'hello.exe'. This also does not
give any errors, but no source code is displayed, even though the source
file is in the same directory as the executable. If I then hit either 'Run'
or 'Download', I get 'Request to download non-existent executable
/ecos-example/hello.exe'. When I select 'hello.c' from the 'current file
name' combo box, I get 'Error: couldn't stat "/ecos-example/hello.c": no
such file or directory'.

Thomas Koeller, Software Development

Basler Vision Technologies
An der Strusbek 60-62