RE: network support

On 19-Jan-2001 Fano Ramparany wrote:
> I'm testing the tcpip network support on a EDB7212 board. I've looked at
>
> the init_all_network_interfaces source code which suggests that
> CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP macro should be defined
> as a compilation flag. When this is tested I get the messages:
> SIOCSIFADDR: Device not configured
> BOOTP failed on eth0
> What did I wrong? Is there any documentation on how to use the tcpip
> stack?
> Thanks in advance for any hint.
>
> Fano Ramparany

Here's the very simplest way to test this (using ecosconfig).

  [gthomas@hermes test2]$ ecosconfig new edb7212 net
  [gthomas@hermes test2]$ ecosconfig tree
  [gthomas@hermes test2]$ make;make -C net/tcpip/current/ tests TESTS=tests/ping_test

Similar results can be obtained by just using the "net" template and
then enabling/building tests.

Does this sequence [scenario] not work for you?