cyg_thread_resume

 Hi,I have a problem using the cyg_thread_resume function.
I have configured the scheduler to have the bitmap scheduler.I tried to
modify the scheduler so as to test if it is possible to resume an exited
thread.However,the thread's state didn't change.
 What I did was to add after the if loop in line :161 in the sched.cxx
file the below code :
Cyg_Thread  *current = Cyg_Scheduler::get_current_thread();
     cyg_thread_kill ((cyg_handle_t) current);
       cyg_thread_resume((cyg_handle_t) current);

I have 2 threads on the application level and I would expect that the
output should be

 execution of thread1
 (resume thread1)
 execution of thread1
 (resume thread1)
execution of thread1

 I tested these commands without the cyg_thread_resume and the thread was
stopped(because of the cyg_thread_kill i suppose).
 However adding  the command ofcyg_thread_resume does not restart the
thread.Why?

 What am I doing wrong?

 Thank you for your help in advance.