SH1 port of eCos

Hi,

I just thought I would let everybody know that I have started working on an
SH1 port of eCos.  If anybody else is working on such a port, please let me
know and we can hopefully work together.  Assuming my port works, I have no
problem contributing it back.

Now to the meat of the issue.  hal/sh/arch/current/src/vector.S seems to
contain a lot of SH3 specific assembly which does not apply to the SH1 (or
SH2).  It has code in there dealing with the SH3's banked registers which
the SH1 and SH2 don't have, for example.  What's the best way to deal with
this?  Should all this code get moved to sh[34]/current/src/variant.S?

For the curious, my project is entirely for fun.  I am building "Laser
Tetris".  The plan is to play Tetris (or astroids or anything else that can
be reasonably done with vector graphics) on the wall using a couple of
galvos and a laser.  It's based around a board I designed that has a
Hitachi SH7032 SH1 processor, the usual RAM and ROM, and a couple of 16bit
DACs that drive the galvos (through a couple driver boards, of course).
All the hardware is built and tested (including drawing basic shapes on the
wall with the laser) and now I need to write the software.  Actually, all
my original software got wiped out in a harddrive crash so I thought I
would do it right this time and put a real OS on it (and maybe backup my
work by contributing it back to eCos!).

Oh, I'm not currently subscribed to eCos-discuss so I would appreciate
being cc'd on any replies.

Thanks,

Aaron