Re: SNMP shows zero tx packets?

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 06:28:28AM -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:

> > Thats seems to be missing is code to increment if_opackets. I
> > cannot find that anyway. Realy you need to go back to the
> > OpenBSD sources and find out where it increments the counter. I
> > suspect its either in the device driver itself, or the generic
> > ethernet layer between the driver and the stack.
>
> Correct you are.  This is something I missed when abstracting
> the device drivers [eCos drivers know nothing of the OpenBSD
> stack environment].
>
> This patch oughta do the trick:

That it did!

Oh, the system uptime is (and was) working:

     system.sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (20700) 0:03:27

I was looking at the wrong value before:

     system.sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORUpTime.1 = Timeticks: (0) 0:00:00

Not sure what that second one is. The sysORTable object doesn't
seem to be in my copy of RFC1213, but snmpwalk knows about it
so it must be something semi-official.  ;)

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com