Need help evaluating eCos SNMP

Guys:

I would like to evaluate eCos's SNMP capabilities, but I'm not exactly
sure how to go about it because I'm an SNMP newbie.

I'm perfectly comfortable with building eCos and loading test code,
but I don't know what to do to generate and evaluate SNMP traffic on
the management station side.

Could someone point me in the right direction?  I think SNMP is cool
technology, especially for an RTOS-based environment, and I would like
to demonstrate it for myself...

Thanks very much,

b.g.
--