Re: Trouble running ecosconfig under Linux/alpha

jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk said:
> The reason for my doubts was that I *have* heard of successes on alpha
> linux, so there is hope :)

If there is hope, I shall keep up the fight. Especially if my questions
keep getting answered. It would be nice, if I manage to succeed, if
the required steps are written down somewhere so the next Linux/alpha
user will be able to find it.

jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk said:
> gcc 2.95.2 sources include libstdc++.

The issue is how to make sure the right libstdc++-*.so is brought in
at runtime by a program that is compiled by a compiler and C++ library
installed in a non-standard place. (Whew!( This is what I must figure
out in order to get gcc-2.95.X to coexist with my existing compiler.

This is something I should be able to handle, though. It's rather time-
consuming and I would just like some reasonable hope that it will solve
the problem at hand.
steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,