Re: Can't get 'info threads'

Gary,

Sorry if it is a duplicate reply. My browser crashed when I tried
sending the reply earlier.

Many thanks for your response.

I was using v1.3.1. As you had suggested, tried builidng the stub
using latest anonCVS code base but no success. I am not sure whether
I am missing something here. I tried the following approach:-

1. Download the latest code base from anonCVS as per the
   instructions at the following page:-
   http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html
   My host env. is Linux 6.*.
2. Download latest compatible 'ecosconfig' from the same web page.
3. Set 'ECOS_REPOSITORY' env. variable to point to the 'packages'
   dir. of latest code base.
4. Build the stub as per the instructions given at page:-

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/arm/ecostutorial.d.html

When I invoked 'ecosconfig' to get the ecos.ecc file the following
errors were reported. But still it went ahead and created the file.

[chachalaca ecos-stub]$ ecosconfig new edb7xxx stubs
/user/selva/ECOS_EP7211_LATEST/ecos/packages/isoinfra/current/cdl/isoinfra.cdl,
interface CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_FILETYPES: error
    An interface should not have a `flavor' property.
/user/selva/ECOS_EP7211_LATEST/ecos/packages/isoinfra/current/cdl/isoinfra.cdl,
interface CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_STREAMS: error
    An interface should not have a `flavor' property.
/user/selva/ECOS_EP7211_LATEST/ecos/packages/isoinfra/current/cdl/isoinfra.cdl,
interface CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_FILEOPS: error
    An interface should not have a `flavor' property.
/user/selva/ECOS_EP7211_LATEST/ecos/packages/isoinfra/current/cdl/isoinfra.cdl,
interface CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_FILEACCESS: error
    An interface should not have a `flavor' property.
/user/selva/ECOS_EP7211_LATEST/ecos/packages/isoinfra/current/cdl/isoinfra.cdl,
interface CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_FORMATTED_IO: error
    An interface should not have a `flavor' property.
/user/selva/ECOS_EP7211_LATEST/ecos/packages/isoinfra/current/cdl/isoinfra.cdl,
interface CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_CHAR_IO: error
    An interface should not have a `flavor' property.
/user/selva/ECOS_EP7211_LATEST/ecos/packages/isoinfra/current/cdl/isoinfra.cdl,
interface CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_DIRECT_IO: error
    An interface should not have a `flavor' property.
/user/selva/ECOS_EP7211_LATEST/ecos/packages/isoinfra/current/cdl/isoinfra.cdl,
interface CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_FILEPOS: error
    An interface should not have a `flavor' property.
/user/selva/ECOS_EP7211_LATEST/ecos/packages/isoinfra/current/cdl/isoinfra.cdl,
interface CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_ERROR: error
    An interface should not have a `flavor' property.
[chachalaca ecos-stub]$

Also validation of 'ecos.ecc' went fine. But it removed some of
the compoents.

[chachalaca ecos-stub]$ ecosconfig check
Target: edb7xxx
Template: stubs
Removed:
CYGPKG_ISOINFRA
CYGPKG_IO
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL
CYGPKG_ERROR
No conflicts
[chachalaca ecos-stub]$

But THREAD support couldn't be enabled because the option itself
is inactive in 'ecos.ecc'.

Segment of 'ecos.ecc'
cdl_option CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_THREAD_SUPPORT {
    # This option is not active
    # ActiveIf constraint:  CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR ||
CYGDBG_KERNEL_DEBUG_GDB_THREAD_SUPPORT
    #     CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR == 0
    #     CYGDBG_KERNEL_DEBUG_GDB_THREAD_SUPPORT (unknown) == 0
    #   --> 0

    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 1
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 1

    # The following properties are affected by this value
    # option CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS
    #     Requires: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_THREAD_SUPPORT
};

However I went ahead and built the stub (using ecosconfig tree & make)
and it reported no errors. But no 'bin' dir. was created under
'install' dir. Only 'include' and 'lib' directories got created.
Interestingly it created the kernel file (instead of stub file)
'libtarget.a' under 'lib' directory.

I am not sure where things are going. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks,
Selva.