Re: How to connect GDB with Redboot

On 01-Nov-2000 Jesper Skov wrote:

> ness> I just want let GDB connect with target, and GDB can load
> ness> program via ethernet. Does redboot provide connection with GDB
> ness> and let GDB can load program via ethernet?
>
> It does, assuming there is a working driver for your board, but you
> may have to set RedBoot to accept connections via ethernet. And that
> is done via the fconfig command which you have to use via the serial
> line. At least I think you do. Gary?

The defaults (which can be changed via CDL) will have your board allow
connections over the ethernet.  It will use BOOTP for the connection
and accept GDB conections on port 9000.

If you include a FLASH driver, then you can control/extend this behaviour
via the 'fconfig' command.

This, I believe, begs the question though.  Until you can get the board
to run GDB protocol using RedBoot on the serial port, I would not even
attempt to use the network for same.