Re: config for ARM PID Board connection

> jjkang@etri.re.kr wrote:

Firstly, never *ever* send such huge attachments to the list. People should
not have to download 1.3Mb over a modem. In future, if you have such large
attachments, make them available on a web server or ftp server.

> I'm trying to connect to ARM PID board.
> I setup ARM PID board for Flash programming.
>  1) set jumper 7-8 on LK6
>  2) set jumper 5-6 on LK6
>  3) set jumper LK18
>  4) set S1 to 0-0-1-1
>  5) Open jumper LK4
> And I make GDB_stub ROM image choosing  RAM startup type with the eCos
> Configuration Tool.

RAM startup? But it's a ROM!

At the very least, try using the prebuilt images that come with the initial
eCos installation. You should find them under the loaders/ subdirectory of
your eCos installation.

> I' trying to connect to ARM PID board.  But I'm failed to connect to
> target board.(attachment 1)
> What is the problem of the connection fail?

I'm not sure but firstly are you sure that the serial cables are correct
cables - i.e. null modem cables. Secondly do you have them the right way
round (serial A on the PID to COM1, serial B to COM2).

Failing that I believe Grant Edwards made some improvements to the RDI
support in GDB since GDB 5.0 was released. You could consider rebuilding
from a GDB sources CVS snapshot. Or try the prebuilt tools that Grant made
that Dave Airlie made available for download at
ftp.skynet.ie:/pub/arm-tools-cd

> I can't find "Build flash programming tool" option in the eCos
> Configuration Tool.(attachment 2)

Use the prebuilts that come with eCos as above.