Re: Re: Port of 82559 ethernet driver for PC target (was: "RE: New bie Question!")

> The good news is  that the i386 port of eCos doesn't seem to have the cache
> enabled.

!?! That will be killing performance realy badly. I suggest someone
fixes this.

> The DMA? I'm not sure but I don't see any programming of a DMA controller in
> the existing driver.

You don't explicitly program the DMA, but the ethernet card has a DMA
in it. It DMAs the frame into the DRAM.

> And Anyway, I will assume there is nothing to worry about... and we will
> see.

You are probably right.

        Andrew