Re: Information and Help

Leandro,

My comments are below.

>   2.from bash.exe-2.04$:
>   gdb -nw a.out
>   The result is the following message: ... This GDB was configured as
> "i686-pc-cygwin" <gdb>
>
>   3.From the gdb consola:
>    run
>    The result is the following message: Starting Program:
> /c/ecos-work/mysrc/a.out
>                                                     Error Creating process /c/ecos-work/mysrc/a.out, (error 193)

You cannot do the above, because you are building an application that is
loaded into memory on an i386 PC Target.  For a hardware target, the gdb
steps are the following:

gdb> set remotebaud 38400	#This is to set the speed of the serial
connection
gdb> target remote COM1		#Set serial port that is connected to target
system
gdb> load			#Download application into memory of target
gdb> continue			#Run your application

Before the above you need to build two ecos trees.  One for the standard
pc ecos library, and another to create a gdb monitor boot floppy.  The
floppy creation is covered in the documentation.  The key point is that
you need two separate directories.

For the target gdb command above, I'm not sure if I'm right by saying
COM1, because I use Linux for my host system.

The only way to run an ecos application without target hardware is to
build tools and the eCos application for the Synthetic Linux target.  It
is covered in the documentation, but this of course requires you to have
a Linux host system.

The i386 PC target already includes the GDB stubs. For Linux I do the
following to create the tree for the PC ram image and for the PC floppy
image.

RAM:
% cd ecos_work_ram
% ecosconfig new pc

Floppy:
% cd ecos_work_floppy
% ecosconfig new pc stubs

You should see the configuration option in the Windows Configtool for
either a RAM or Floppy image of eCos for the i386 PC target.

I would recommend going through the documentation more thoroughly, but
what I've told you should give you a better idea.

-Alex

--
Alex Mathews
CrosStor Software, Inc.