Rebuilding using ecosconfig (plain text)

(apologies for earlier HTML one)

I have just started to use eCos and I am having some problems using
ecosconfig. I am running on Redhat 6.1 (with 2.2.16 kernel)

I am building the cygmon package for my own target which I have defined. I'm
pretty sure I have updated all the .cdl files correctly - all the packages,
targets and components all show up using the config tool. I do:

$ ecosconfig new mytarget cygmon
$ ecosconfig tree
$ make

This works fine. However, if I update either the ecos.ecc file, or any of
the sources in the repository, the output from make seems to show them being
rebuilt (I haven't studied it carefully), but the image files do not seem to
change. They do not seem to change even if I do a 'make clean; make' at the
top The only way I seem to be able to rebuild properly is by deleting the
whole tree except for ecos.ecc, touching ecos.ecc and starting again from
'ecosconfig tree'. Surely the build system should be able to be a bit
cleverer about dependencies? Or am I missing something?

Robert Cragie
Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd.
Furnival Street