arm/thumb interworking for gnu arm compiler/linker

Hi,

I'm using the gnupro toolkit for arm7t that was distributed with eCos
1.3.1 to compile some code in arm mode.  What I'm hoping to do is to
call that code from another function compiled with another arm compiler.
If this calling function is also compiled in arm mode with that
compiler, everything works fine.  However, when I try to compile the
calling function in thumb mode and have the processor switch from thumb
to arm mode over the function call, I run into problems -- the
processor is still in thumb mode but trying to run arm assembly, thus
treating each arm instruction as two thumb instructions.  So my
question is, can I somehow force a switch into arm mode via a compiler
or linker flag in the gnu arm compiler?  After looking at the docs on
the website, I found the -mthumb-interwork option, but there's a note
saying it is unsupported.  Are there any patches that have this
functionality, or any plans to implement this later?  Or is there
something different I should try?

Thanks in advance,
ian

Ian Thompson            iant@palmchip.com
Firmware Engineer       tel: 408.487.9626
Palmchip Corporation    fax: 408.573.7357