ARM Assabet development; Touch screen driver

   I notice that a couple of other people are working on Assabet projects.
I would like to propose that we get together to expand the range of device
drivers and to avoid duplicating effort.

   To start this off, I'd like to offer a combined touchscreen and ADC
driver which controls the UCB1300 chip of Assabet (sound and switch
support to follow eventually).

   The driver implements '/dev/ts' and '/dev/adc/0' to '/dev/adc/3'
devices (the names are configurable), and does its' main processing in a
server thread so that IRQ/DSRs are never locked out. Mutliple threads are
allowed to access the devices simultaneously, and select() support is
offered for the touchscreen device.

   Both device types offer a calibration facility (and an example
touchscreen calibration program is provided as one of the tests) - the
touchscreen driver may be calibrated for portrait or landscape mode.

   The driver code is supplied as 'touch_assabet_*.epk', meaning that it
can be incorporated into your ecos repository using the ecosadmin.tcl
tool.

   In the next couple of days, I'll be making this driver available on the
3G Lab website (http://www.3glab.org/) - until then, if you would like a
copy, please e-mail me directly, and I'll send a copy back as an e-mail
attachment. Suggestions and bug fixes are more than welcome!

Best Regards,
Richard Panton
Systems Architect,
3G Lab Ltd.