RE: linker problem : missing crt0.o

On 15-Sep-2000 danish iftikhar wrote:

>   Hi
>
>    i am trying to make an executable for eCos using arm-elf-gcc .
> but during make , it gave the error :
> tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/arm-elf/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such  file
> or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> moreover i could not found crt0.o in any place .
> do i have to install it seperately or is there some specific way to invoke
> this .
> what additions are required to be done for Makefile.
>
> any suggestions are welcome

Look at the example Makefile provided.  You'll see that we use our own
startup and library files (-nostdlib), not "crt0.o" and friends.

If you're using the tools from a command line, another way to see how
applications are built is by building a test.  For example, assuming
that your build/install tree is "arm_test" and you've installed eCos
version 'VVV':         (VVV would be something like v1_3_13)

  % cd arm_test
# build eCos kernel library
  % make
# create a test
  % make -C kernel/VVV/src tests TESTS=tests/tm_basic

This will create the kernel 'tm_basic' test, with the result ending up
in the directory "install/tests/kernel/VVV/tests/"