Re: eCos with non-GNU tools

    Greg> Related GDB questions:
    Greg> Do other GDB-based GUI front ends like ddd and Emacs work
    Greg> with ECOS?

    Greg> Does Insight have any ECOS dependencies, to should it work
    Greg> with any GDB environment?

It is very unlikely that the eCos team would do anything that causes
problems for emacs users.

Other front ends such as ddd should also work fine. They may be more
limited than Insight in some respects, for example I do not know
whether or not the ddd folks have added support for thread-aware
debugging yet. Also it is possible that there will be future
extensions to gdb to aid eCos development, and GUI support for these
would almost certainly appear in Insight before ddd. Any such
extensions would of course be optional extras, we have no intention of
forcing people to use Insight.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer