Re: trying to build ecosconfig for Solaris 7

>     Deborah> I am trying to build ecosconfig for Solaris 7. I found
>     Deborah> the reasonable README in tools/src/ which I am following.
>     Deborah> This file doesn't give the relative path to the configure
>     Deborah> script, but I found one in
>     Deborah> tools/src/tools/configtool/standalone/common which I am
>     Deborah> using.
>
>     <snip>
>
> You need to build the entire host-side tree and not just ecosconfig,
> since the latter relies on various libraries such as libcdl.a. You
> should be using the configure script that is in the same directory as
> the README file. That will take care of all the required
> subdirectories in the appropriate order.

I have now sucessfully built ecosconfig for Solaris 7.
Here are some notes I compiled.

1) You must use c++ (gcc) 2.9. 2.8 will not work. You will get an
   internal compiler error. (I didn't debug this problem, but I
   could reproduce it if someone wants to see the message).
   I don't think this is currently noted in the README.

2) As someone else noted tangentially, you must use the
   --with-tcl-version flag to configure, since Solaris Tcl installs
   can be multi-version.

3) As is already noted in the tools/src/README file, you must use
   Tcl version 8.

4) As Bart noted earlier in this thread, use tools/src/configure.

I did my tools build from tools/src/build. Here is the configure
command which worked for me (note /pkg/local is where I get
my tools, $CODEMGR_WS is the top of the ecos tree):

../configure --prefix=$CODEMGR_WS/tools/install.solaris --with-tcl=/pkg/local
--with-tcl-version=8.0

This produced a Makefile which I was able to use to run
make and make install sucessfully.

Thanks to everyone who sent email to help me with this.

-deborah bennett