Re: Re: eCos PCI problem and NEC vrc4373 build option.

> Jonathan, do you really mean that redhat is actually maintaining two
> separate threads of gdd/gdb/ecos, and that the one we're sweating on (I
> myself for one) is just some sort of bait?
> And all this in the name of the sacred open source, the plan being to get
> us hooked on the light and buggy weed, then sell us the harder stuff for
> real cash?
> This is an interesting business model indeed, and reminds me of another
one.
> So, if I understand it right, the purpose of the open-source part
including
> this list is to bring us to the point where we say "now that the project
is
> late, we went this far, and invested all this time on that ecos thing,
> there is no alternative left" ...as to plunk down a lot of good money to
> get what was there all the time in the first place, namely the various
> shrink-wrapped products like VxWorks, Psos, QNX, and the like?

If opensource operates in this way, I don't think this is the freedom we
advocate.  But this message that the toolchain I use is different from eCos
maintainer make me sad. :(

I remember one thing, last year, I pay $400 to buy a CodeFusion from Cygnus,
actually it is not important for me, I  just want to take a look at what the
opensource IDE developement status. Of course, I think it is ok, but didn't
play with it a lot. Last month, the Source Navigator is open sourced, I
don't know what I pay the $400 for now. :-)

Last time, I talked with NEC, they said they pay a lot to Cygnus for the
toolchain on NEC MIPS, I don't know why I can not get a proper toolchain
works properly. I really follow the instruction on the eCos website
carefully.

Regards,
-Ling

Regards,