Re: serial communication with i386

"pradeep patel" <pradeeppatel@indiatimes.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I made a boot floppy of eCos for i386 PC target. When i boot pentium
> PC with this floppy it dispays some characters on screen.

If you see something like this:

++$T0508:a83a0000;04:e00f0000;#47

then it is working correctly.

> I tried to connect this PC with my host which is also pentium PC
> with windows NT.I connected host and target PCs using Null modem cable
> on port 1 (COM1).
> I gave following commands on GDB:
> set remotebaud 38400
> target remote COM1
>
> it displays : ignoring packet error, continuing...( 3times )
> and then      cannot connect to target

Before connecting with GDB connect with a terminal program like
HyperTerm. If the cable is connected properly and the host driver
configured correctly, you should see the same output from the serial
line as you see on the PC screen.

> While building eCos i enabled serial drivers also.

Try it without the serial drivers, if you have a serial driver
connected to a serial line you cannot use it for debugging. If you
want to use serial, only enable the driver on serial1 and leave
serial0 alone for GDB to use.

--
Nick Garnett, eCos Kernel Architect
Red Hat, Cambridge, UK