MBX built in serial and serial device interaction

I've been looking at the code for the built-in serial driver on the MBX
board and the generic QUICC serial device driver.  I noticed that
there's no restriction on using SMC1 with the QUICC serial device even
though SMC1 might be used by the MBX board for diagnostics.  The two
don't seem to be able to coexist as initialization of the buffer
descriptors for one driver would blow away the buffer descriptors of the
other.  Am I missing something, or is there simply no check in place for
whether someone wants to use SMC1 for both drivers?

Regards,
--A.

--
gak@microplex.com           G. Aaron Kaiway
Microplex Systems Ltd.      Voice: +1 604 444 1706