Re: porting eCos onto Samsung SNDS100

>>>>> "rudra" == rudra pratap chaudhury <rudra@england.com> writes:

rudra> Sir, I am trying to port eCos onto Samsung SNDS100 board(which
rudra> is not currently supported by ecos). I understand that I have
rudra> to make changes/rewrite in the platform specific files. I
rudra> waslooking at the package specific cdl file for arm-pid for
rudra> reference. I came accross several 'make' options pertaining to
rudra> cdl_options for: CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS CYGBLD_BUILD_FLASH_TOOL
rudra> CYGBLD_BUILD_FLASH_TOOL_BE and each of these were demanding
rudra> .img/ .bin files to be fetched from platform specific
rudra> directories under the 'loaders' directory. Are there any

No they do not. Those rules build the files - in the binary
distribution they get copied _to_ the loaders directory.

rudra> sources of these files and where are they located.??  How to
rudra> build these files?

When you enable the options and run make, the files will be built and
installed in ./install/bin.

rudra> What is the outcome of this make operation? I have investigated
rudra> the cdl files of a few other supported packages as well. The
rudra> cdl_options for them are not completely analogous. How do I
rudra> determine which options are required for my platform?

You only need CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS (which builds GDB stubs for the
target). The other options build tools used for programming the GDB
stubs image into the flash on the PID board.

Jesper